Thursday, May 8, 2008



                                                                               I snuck away for a day yesterday and went for a drive along The Great Ocean Road and visited The Twelve Apostles (rock formations in the ocean). I sat on a rock for quite some time and breathed in the ocean air and appreciated how the world "...is charged with the grandeur of God" ( Gerald Manley Hopkins).
I am hoping to attend an Australian Rules Football game tomorrow (combination of football and soccer and rugby) at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. We enjoy hotdogs at the baseball. They have meatpies and sauce ( ketchup) at the footie.
I am devastated by the catastrophe in Myanmar. It is hard to fathom the extent of the devastation. The head of World Vision Australia has said over 100,000 are dead and millions left homeless. It is hard to know what any one person can do to help but we all must do something..."...as one suffers, all suffer". As I baptize a child this Sunday and affirm her worth and value I also remember that half of those killed in this disaster were children whose lives were sacred and equally precious in God's eyes.