Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hello Friends
My time in Australia is slipping by quickly. I added a couple more pictures. One is another of St.Michael's from across the street giving you a sense of its presence in the city. The other church is across from St. Michael's and it is Scots Presbyterian Church. The Congregationalists, Methodists and Presbyterians united in 1977 to form the Uniting Church in Australia but there remains a few Presbyterian churches that tend to be very conservative and evangelical.
The other picture is a protest I stumbled across in the city on Saturday against Human Rights abuses in China.
I have a meeting tonight( Monday) with the Leadership at St. Michael's. I am off to Adelaide (where we lived for ten years and where both Jacob and Jonah were born) tomorrow for two days. I am conducting a Memorial Service at St. Michael's on Thursday. I am speaking at The Cairnmillar Institute on Friday. After church on Sunday, I am giving a talk at a luncheon. Whew!
I will try to post some pictures from Adelaide. have a great week!